Making it Dyslexia Friendly
We use five simple techniques in our books to make them more accessible for dyslexic readers. While they may not work in every case, we have received a very positive response from parents, teachers, and children with dyslexia.
- We use a special font called OpenDyslexic font. This is currently free to download at http://dyslexicfonts.com
- We avoid black text on a white background. Instead we use dark blue text on a cream background.
- We use only single spacing after all punctuation marks.
- We avoid beginning the first word of a new sentence on the previous line.
- We align the text to the left of the page and avoid justifying it.